Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Project "Mailbox" is finally complete!


So this goes way back...I can't beleive some of you have waited all this time (I got several emails this month wanting to know "the results"! Such patience! And memory!)For those of you just tuning in, here's the backstory: So, it's no secret- I love paper. New paper, old paper, tissue paper, wrapping paper, rice paper, handmade paper, paper maps, paper scraps- you name it! I'm always looking to use paper in new and interesting ways. So, I decide that I wanted to cover a mailbox with it! But, given the fact it would have to withstand the elements and paper typically cannot, well, lets just say there was lots of trial and error. Until, last summer. I covered a mailbox with wrapping paper and created the one I felt could stand the test of time. And thats just what I said " So, if it lasts through all 4 seasons, I'll let you know. Ask me next June." Here we are and it made it! Heat, sun, rain, snow, sleet, ice storms, humidity and hail! I promised if it worked I'd run a class at The Tree. Sadly, the tree is no more....so if you want details, drop me an email.It worked!

need to reach me?

NEW EMAIL!!-this one WORKS!
thescrapyard@rocketmail.com