Sunday, July 25, 2010

SoWa Art Market!


Went to the SoWa outdoor art and indie design market today with my sister in law, Moe. It was incredible! Located in the heart of Boston's SoWa art district, the market draws a talented crowd of artists, vintage collectors, bakers, and local farmers. The key to the markets success lies in the fact that it operates like a juried art show. This guarantees that the items up for sale are of the highest level of creativity and quality. Plus, located in the midst of galleries and working artist's studios, the atmosphere is fabulous. The SoWa style is fresh, hip, funky, quirky and unique. The parking and admission-Free! Excellent way to spend a summer Sunday.




How much do I love this little vintage trailer idea! "The Haberdash" sells unique vintage clothing and jewelry. Just drive in and open the door. That makes the idea of doing shows pretty darn fun.....hmmmmmm.....




So, as far as the "scouting"....well, I loved it! The SoWa Art Market is the exact sort of show I would choose to do. Question is...Do I want to DO shows again???




uh...ya...I wasn't just scouting...I did do some shopping!
More info on SoWa Art Market is posted in right column of the blog.

need to reach me?

NEW EMAIL!!-this one WORKS!
thescrapyard@rocketmail.com